Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Letter to MI JAE 2007 students


Dear MI 07S1, 07B4, 07A4 and 07A7 students,

Welcome to my blog. As you can see from my pathetic blog, I am not a very tech-savvy person but I am trying very hard to harness technology so that you can check for assignment updates and read while you are online.

There are more well-established GP blogs than mine such as VJC GP blog and Mr Tan CB's blog which you can either bookmark or get the RSS feeds. If you want any links to online newspapers, they have an extensive list of links which you can utilise too.

I also strongly encourage you to subscribe to the Channel News Asia newsfeed so that you have an inkling of what is happening in the world.

I will expect you to speak up in class. Besides dangling the carrot of participation marks, class participation is vital in developing critical thinking skills and building a conducive learning environment. What if you have no questions?

Active class participation is not only about asking questions, it includes:
· asking questions;
· value-adding and providing new insights in the form of supporting arguments, personal views, opinions and experiences;
· clarifying materials presented; and
· exploring new perspective

If you want to be a successful learner, you can get some tips from the NUS Centre of Teaching and Learning . There is no end to the learning journey. I would appreciate it if you can recommend me books, videos, music, websites , articles, events, anything which you find interesting. It is through sharing, we can learn together.

I look forward to many fruitful lessons with you.

Regards,
Miss Ong M.Y

No comments: