Thursday, March 29, 2007

Week 2 Updates

Dear all,

This is only the second week so there are routines to be familiarised and rules to be reinforced.

Anybody can remember what is R.I.P?
The 3 rules which if you (a student of OMY) don't follow, you are DEAD.

One class has already broken a rule, specifically Punctuality. They were late for 15 minutes, strolling into the class so they only attended 20 minutes of one period (5 min for closure).

When you are in my class, what should you do?
Not checking your sms, not talking to your friends, not staring into space.
Take out your Powerbook, Wordbank book and writing materials.
If I am late, read your newspaper articles. * ST:Review section

What assignment must you hand in?
*not hand up or pass up, it is HAND IN*

1. IT Presentation Sign-up List in the pigeon hole:
I recommend 2 pairs of GP Buddies; 4 in a group. Min: 3, Max: 5
Choose a group name, topic, the issue you want to present.
Do not remove the list from the pigeon hole
DL: Friday, 30 Mar


2. Essay Question Analysis:
With your GP Buddy, discuss the focus and define the key terms of the essay qns strip you have.
DL: To be discussed in the next lesson

3. Article Review:
With your GP Buddy, the article for review is the one I gave you in class. Not any newspaper article because some of you said you don't know what article to look out for. If you have already cut the article or think that my article is too dry, you can still proceed. I will provide you with articles this week. If you didn't get one, get it from my pigeon hole.
Hand in 1 Mindmap + 1 Template Worksheet per pair.
DL: Monday, April 2nd. GP Reps, pls collect

I understand that you have doubts, questions and insecurities. Do not keep them to yourself.
Tell me so that I can help you.
However, choose an appropriate time.
If you are late for your next class, the subject tutor's lesson will be affected so go for your next class.
Email me or Tag me or MSN me. Make use of IT.
I am glad that some students such as Fian, TupacShakar (not sure who is it) have harnessed the benefits of IT. Keep it up!

I hope the GP lessons were not unbearable. All feedback are welcomed.

Regards,
Miss Ong M.Y

No comments: