Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Digital Divide

A few of you said that they are not used to the paperless system.
As I have mentioned in class, this is the future of learning. In fact, it is already happening in university and many junior colleges.
We are in the Digital Age where computers are integrated into our daily lives.
I am not saying that I will not give worksheets or handouts. I will.

However, there is only so much I can print because an astronomical information archive is available on the Internet for use.
Secondly, I am up to my neck with work so you often can't get me at my desk.
You need to go straight for the next class after my lesson has ended, so do I.
Drop me an email
or tag me at my blog, I will definitely reply you as soon as possible.
The success rate will be higher than getting me on the phone.
I truly value your input, your feedback, your questions.

I understand your discomfort with regards to being disadvantaged if you happen to have no computer, printer or Internet access.

Sadly, the lack of access to ICT goods and services pose social and economic disadvantages.
The Digital Divide separates the information rich and the information poor.
It is the gap between those who have real access to information and communications technology and who are able to use it effectively, and those who do not have such access.

To bridge the divide, the school gives a subsidy for low-income families to purchase a PC.
Please approach the General Office for more information.

If you still have problems access email/ internet/ computer, fix it asap.
Computer virus? Solutions available for download online. Ask around, IT-savvy friends who can help you. Any volunteers?
No computer? Access from school. Ask a friend to tell you what is going on. Print an extra copy for you.
Be Pro-active.

No comments: