Monday, May 18, 2009

Afterthoughts on Proof

Watched a play, Proof, last Friday. Thanks to Arf for buying the tickets. The play is about mathematics and madness which personally, are two traits I possess. Although I teach language, I enjoy Mathematics immensely- the elegant display of proving theories and finding solutions. There are different means to the end but eventually, the problem will be solved and a sense of gratification engulfs me. YES!!! This play shows that even with proof, sometimes the end result is nothing. Futile efforts. And madness. I identified with the protagonist, Catherine but Wendy said I resemble Claire, the common sensical sister more. Yeah, maybe the organic shampoo part and the self-absorbed ramblings. The search for clarity and identity which Catherine seeks resonates with my goals. Maybe I should attempt Paper 5, just for self accomplishment. Heh

No comments: